Enrollment Information for 2017-2018
Charter schools are schools of choice. All students in the San Diego Unified School District and all other districts are eligible to apply and attend Old Town Academy and will comply with Education Code 47605. Priority is provided to students who reside within the 92110 and 92103 zip codes; as well as residents of San Diego who are residing within the geographical boundary lines of the San Diego Unified School District; additional priority to the extent available will be as set forth in the Old Town Academy Charter Petition. The following admission requirements, consistent with non-discriminatory statutes will be followed:
- Parents of students applying for admission must complete an Application during the school’s open enrollment period: January 30 – March 17, 2017
- Preference for enrollment will be given to students residing in our area served by SDUSD
- Parents are encouraged to participate in one of the scheduled school tours during the open enrollment, which will detail the school’s expectations and policies.
- Student and parent must read, sign and return the OTA parent/student Handbook along with the required forms prior to enrollment at Old Town Academy.
- OTA is a uniform school and full compliance with our uniform policy is expected.
- OTA strives to be as paperless as possible in regards to communication. Parents and students are expected to check and review their emails nightly as well as actively monitor their classroom blogs and the OTA website for updates.
- A separate application is needed for each child/applicant.
- Kindergarten students need to be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017.
- Birth certificates or passports and updated immunization records are required of all new students prior to confirmation of enrollment.
- All students entering 7th grade will need their updated TDAP immunization/Booster before the end of the first week of school.
Should the number of valid applicants exceed the available openings, we will conduct a random public lottery, designed pick students at random to fill the openings.
- The school will conduct an electronic lottery.
- The lottery will take place within 30 days of closing of the open enrollment period.
- The lottery shall draw names from a single pool of applicants that applied through our online application.
- Applicants will be notified via email of their application status.
- Once you receive a notice of your status, via email, your failure to confirm your spot within 24 hours will result in the spot being forfeited and the next parent/student will be called to fill the spot.
- If spots become available, waitlisters will be called to fill the openings, if you are on our waitlist, you will have 24 hours to confirm your spot or the spot will be given to the next student/parent.
Dates to keep in mind
The following dates are scheduled for tours, 3:30-4:30 p.m., each day
We’d like to thank you for your interest in our school and look forward to assisting you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please give our office a call at (619) 574-6225.