The end of quarter 2 is right around the corner!
- This Friday, January 19th ALL extended learning for Q2 is due!
- Next Friday, January 24th:
- Last day of Quarter 2
- Half Day- 12pm
- Free Dress/ Spirit Day- Throwback Day! – Dress as someone from the past! Throw it back to the 80s or come as Abraham Lincoln. Opportunities are endless!
Board of Exploration Presentation
Our Exploration project presentation is coming! Next Friday at 10:30- our 5th graders will be presenting to the “Board of Exploration” as a country leadership team- trying to convince the board that their country is the most powerful during the Age of Exploration!
All are welcome to attend on Friday, January 26th from 10:30-12:00.
We have been researching all quarter and learning about European countries exploration during the Age of Exploration. We are focusing on England, Portugal, and Spain.
Your child has a role- Country Leader, Explorer, Investor, Salesperson, or Communicator. They will present, with their group, a professional presentation to the “Board of Exploration” to explain their country’s exploration.
Today, your child came home with the Star of India informational packet and permission slips!
Please start signing the 3 pages that need to be returned in order for your child to attend. All signed permission slips and money are due by February 2nd.
Here is the Packing List:
Notes regarding packing list:
*2 bowls, 2 cups, and 2 spoons- these can be disposable or reusable. If they are reusable, they will be washed and the child will take them home. Or if they are disposable- your child will throw them away after using.
*In regards to rain gear- this will only be necessary if it rains. I will be checking the weather as the days approach and keep everyone posted. If rain is in the forecast- boots, a raincoat, and/or poncho will be heavily encouraged. (the program continues as normal even if it rains. We will be outdoors for a lot of the field trip) If rain is not in the forecast- your child does not need to bring rain gear.
*Students will need a warm jacket for the evening. We will be outside for a lot of the time and it gets very cold! I normally wear a sweatshirt, jacket, and beanie. I recommend for all students to wear/bring layers so that they are comfortable in all temperatures.
*Stick to the packing list.
This Week in 5th Grade
- Vocabulary Week 7/8 Due
- Vocabulary Week 7/8 Test on Friday
- Idiom of the Week:
- Case of the butterflies
- Go with the Flow
- New Unit- Native Americans!
- Geography! Only 2 more chances to pass Geography spelling tests! Students who have already passed all 5 regions can start studying for next quarter! They will be required to spell AND locate the states!
- Research for Board of Exploration presentation
- Board of Exploration Proposal writing
- Board of Exploration Proposal Presentation