Hello 5th Grade!
- OTA’s 1st Annual Book Fair is this week!! 5th grade will be attending on Wednesday during the school day. Parents are welcome to attend the Book Fair after school on Wednesday.
- You and your child can take a look at the VIRTUAL catalog by clicking here. Your child also has access to a paper catalog in class.
- By searching ahead of time, you and your child will see what they are interested in and how many books they can purchase 🙂
- Using the same link, you can also set up your eWallet account so that your child doesn’t have to worry about carrying cash to and from school. (check out a video about it here )
- Spring Break is NEXT WEEK! No School Monday- Friday
Just a reminder that book talks are coming!! Your child has the information and signed up for a report date weeks ago. See calendar below for the date reminder!
This Week in 5th Grade
- Monday: 10-4
- Tuesday: 10-5
- Wednesday: 10-6
- Thursday: Topic 10 Review
- Friday: Topic 10 Test
- IXL Due Friday
- Vocabulary Suffix -ure/-ish practice packet due Friday
- Vocabulary Test on Friday
- Skill Focus: Cause and Effect
- The Battle of the Little Big Horn Cause & Effect Multi-Flow Map
- Dawes Act Multi-Flow Map
- Native American Reading: The Taking of the Land
- 4 square notes and analyzation
- Grammar Focus- Verb Tenses
- Informative/Explanatory Essay Graphic Organizer!
- Texas or Oregon Comic Strip due Friday
- Notes on Mexican American War
- Notes on Settling the Far West
- PBL Group time to discuss the journey, and research the topic focus.
- Geography State Expert Report’s due on the last day of the quarter!