Reminders and Announcements:
Thank you so much for spoiling me last Wednesday on Teacher Appreciation Day! Thank you all for the beautiful basket and all the special cards/gifts. I am so thankful for each and every student/family I have and am so honored to be here.
Special shout out to the 5th graders who participated in the Talent Show on Friday!!
I hope everyone had a special Mother’s Day yesterday. Special thank you to Jordan’s mom, Sarah Hillard, for coming in last week. She came in last week and showed 5th grade how to make those special necklaces you received! Thank you Sarah!
Grades 3-5 will start CAASPP testing next week, Monday, May 21-Friday, May 25th. All students need headphones!!
Thank you to those of you who signed up for some snack items for testing week. There are still some spots open if you are willing. CLICK HERE to sign up. Please sign up by FRIDAY so I know what I need to provide myself. Also- If you can have the items here by Friday that would be awesome! That way I can organize everything before testing. (If you are unable to bring the items by Friday- please email me and let me know)
We have an exciting new event this year called Field Day!! 5th grade will be competing against 4th grade on June 8th. We will be playing different games and work together to beat 4th grade!
I will be talking to 5th grade tomorrow and start pumping them up for this event! I am suuuper excited. More information to come about dressing up in an organized color, going all out in our team spirit, team cheers, etc. Get ready- because Ms. Rothman and I are going all out! We are hoping our students do as well!
The field day coordinators need volunteers in order for this event to happen. Please SIGN UP HERE to volunteer your time on June 8th.
This Week in 5th Grade:
We are still in review mode. We have been and will continue reviewing all our 5th grade skills this week in preparation for next week.
- Topic 13 Online Assessment
- Topic 13 Test TOMORROW
- Academic Vocabulary
- We have been focusing on these vocabulary words and will continue the list this week. These are words that the test assumes students know. We will see these words in the questions/instructions. Our focus with these words is to define them and talk about how we will come into contact with them on the test.
- Personal Narrative due! We have been writing a personal narrative for the last 2 weeks. Students should be finishing it tonight for homework. I am also sending each student feedback through google docs.
- Parts of a Plant/Uses Sources/Questions/Essay Planning- This is helping us prepare for the ELA Performance Task. We’ve been practicing these for weeks!
- Grammar Focus: Prepositions! ELA IXL F Skills
- Geography Test- States and Capitals
- Students have 5 more tries to pass all 50 states and capitals
- North and South Interview
- More info on History page.