Sorry for the late post! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
5th Grade Renaissance Faire
We have been so busy learning about how art, literature, science, knowledge, and people changed during this time and how the Renaissance still impacts us today.
Our Renaissance Faire will take place Friday, October 26th. The time is still under consideration and I will let you know soon.
We still have A LOT to do and finalize before the big day, which is where I need some help!
- Materials/supplies– We will need quite a few supplies to make this happen! Each group needs at least one table and canopy. More supplies will be needed depending on the specific booth.
- Last year, our Renaissance Faire included some outside vendors. If you have any connections with people/companies that can bring a new element of the Renaissance to our faire, please let me know!
- Clothing– What better way to capture the Renaissance time period then by looking the part? I am encouraging all students to dress up for the day but it is not mandatory. You can find pictures of ideas for clothing under the history page on the blog.
All families and friends are invited to come to our Renaissance Faire! Your child is working hard designing a booth that will educate and entertain our guests!
For the next 2.5 weeks, we will be working VERY hard to put everything together for this big event! We cannot wait to show you everything on the big day.
The Jog-a-Thon is NEXT Friday, October 19th. ALL students in 5th grade are participating and should be bringing in AT LEAST 1 pledge of $10. OUR GOAL IS TO BRING IN THE MOST MONEY AND HAVE 100% PARTICIPATION. Please encourage your child to get excited for this event!
This is a half day! (12pm dismissal)
Some of our students have been sharing the creative ways they raise money for the Jog-a-Thon! Ivy and Maddy had a bake sale over the weekend! This is amazing. Take pictures of your child and their creative ideas and send them to me! I would love to see and share ideas with everyone.
This Week in 5th Grade
- Vocabulary Focus: We are focusing on prefixes for this section of vocabulary. (ant-, anti-, counter-, contra-, and ob-).
- Vocabulary Packet due NEXT Friday
- Grammar Focus: Compound subjects and predicates & Compound sentences
- Nonfiction Activities 1-3 due NEXT Friday
- Reformation activities in class:
- Ch. 2 Questions in workbook
- Ch. 3 Notes and Summary
- We finished our notes on Reforming Science
- Renaissance Faire planning and group time
I am constantly proud of this class and everything they are accomplishing each day. Have a great rest of your week. 🙂