- No School on Monday, January 21- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Star of India Field trip
The famous OTA 5th Grade field trip, The Star of India, is about a month away! Our field trip is on February 6th – 7th. We will be participating in a living history experience and pretending we are sailors aboard an emigrant ship in the 1800s. Our students and chaperones will become part of the story and experience life aboard a ship. This is an overnight field trip! Students will need to be picked up the morning of the 7th.
**The program does not allow any students to come late or leave early. As this will disrupt the narrative/flow of the storyline.**
More information coming!
I am in need of chaperones! If you would like to volunteer on this exciting voyage, please email me ASAP to secure your spot. I have a specific number of chaperones that are allowed to come. So, let me know!
This Week in 5th Grade
- We started Topic 7 this week! We will be focusing on FRACTIONS for awhile! 🙂
- Wrapping up Don Quixote
- Strategy/Skill Focus: Compare & Contrast different elements of the story, characters, events, scenes, etc.
- Vocabulary Prefix inter- and para- packet due
- Vocabulary Test on Friday
- Grammar Focus: Nouns (common, proper, abstract, and concrete)
- Character Focus Activity on Don Quixote and Sancho
- Notes on Spanish Exploration
- Continue our Columbus Analyzation/discussion- Hero or villain?
- Geography State Expert Report