5th Grade Families,
- March 15th- deadline to complete your intent to Re-Enroll.
- Spring Break- March 25- 29th 🙂
OTA 1st Annual Book Fair:
- We will be hosting our first ever Book Fair on March 19th – 20th
- K-4th grade will have time during school on March 19th to purchase books and 5-8th will have a chance on March 20th.
- The Book Fair will be open for parents and families after school on March 20th!
- More info to come 🙂
This Week in 5th Grade
- We have started Topic 10- Volume!
- Today we began by exploring volume with unit cubes and discovering how many different rectangular prisms we could make with a volume of 12 cubic units.
- Monday: 10-1
- Tuesday: 10-2
- Wednesday: 10-3
- Thursday: 10-4
- Friday: 10-5
- IXL due next Friday
- New Vocabulary focusing on Suffixes: -ure and -ish
- Practice and test NEXT Friday
- Skill Focus: Cause and Effect
- New Thinking Map: Multi-Flow Map to identify and explain relationships in the text.
- Native American Ch. 7- Severing Ties & Multi-Flow Maps
- Ch. 9 and comprehension questions
- Native American California Tribes and Notes
- Compare and Contrast Writing
- Moving West Journal Entry
- Notes on Texas and Oregon Joining the Union
- Students should be done with 4 full pages of research!