Hello and welcome to Week 9 of quarter 3. Can’t believe this is the final week of the quarter.
This is such a busy time of year, mark your calendars!
- This Friday, April 12th = Last day of Q3!
- 12pm dismissal
- Tacky Tourist Day/ Free Dress Day!
- Talent Show Auditions are next Tuesday and Wednesday! If your child would like to try-out for our annual OTA Talent Show, make sure they turn in a permission slip ASAP!
- No School – Monday, April 22nd
- Poetry Contest is coming up- our classroom poetry contest will take place on Wednesday, April 24th. Remember 3 of the top 5th graders will move onto the OTA Poetry Contest that is on Friday, April 26th at 1:30pm.
- Grandparent’s Day is on Friday, May 3rd!! More information to come and student’s will be writing invitation letters soon. Mark your calendar for Friday, May 3rd. This is also a half day- 12pm dismissal
- OTA Gala is on Saturday, May 4th ‘Nacho Average Gala’– This is such a fun gathering of staff members, parents, and community members! We not only celebrate our fantastic school but we raise money for future programs and materials. All proceeds raised this year will help fund some really exciting things! Buy your tickets now and I will see you there 🙂 !
Call for yearbook pictures! It’s that time! The school year is over in 10 weeks! It’s time to submit the photos you’ve been taking all year so they can be included in the 2019 OTA Yearbook…First day of school, Jog-a-thon, Halloween, holiday parties, field trips, sports, spirit days, school dances, family events, pictures around campus, pictures in class, music, STEM…etc! Please email pictures to: [email protected]
The Yearbook Committee
Westward Expansion Moving West Presentations
These are happening THIS Thursday, April 11th in the 5th grade classroom. Check the schedule below to see what time your child is presenting at. We would love it if you could join us!
This Week in 5th Grade
- Topic 11 Review
- IXL Due
- **Students received their Topic 10 Assessments back last week. We discussed that they could complete Test Corrections to raise their grade if they received a 75% or lower. These must be done for homework (we don’t have time in class to do these). Students should grab the Test Correction graphic organizer in class and complete these to raise their grade.
- A lot of our time this week will be devoted to PBL
- Vocabulary Week 8/9 Activities Due
- Vocabulary Week 8/9 Test on Friday
- Poetry Lesson 4
- Figurative Language Focus: Simile and Metaphors
- Geography Packets are due THIS Friday. All pages SHOULD BE COMPLETED.
- Geography Presentations on Friday- All students will teach the class about their state and present 2-3 pages of their Expert Reports
- PBL Presentations this Thursday to wrap up the Westward Expansion