Welcome to the last week of 5th Grade!
Last week we so much of our time wrapping up the Westward Expansion with our Moving West Presentations! Thank you for those of you who came to our presentations.
- Talent Show Auditions are today and tomorrow for those students who are trying out. Make sure to be on time for your assigned time.
- No School on Monday, April 22nd
- Poetry Contest- 5th grade Contest is on Wednesday, April 24th
- all students are participating and should be memorizing their poem at home.
- OTA Poetry Competition for all finalists will take place on Friday, April 26th
OTA Nacho Average Gala, Saturday, May 4. Tickets available at the following link: Gala Tickets.
Want to volunteer at the event? Sign-up now and we’ll send you a promo code for $40 off admission price:https://www.
4th Quarter IXL
The topics at the end of our math book are pretty short, so IXL’s will be due more frequently.
This Week in 5th Grade
- Finish 11-8
- Topic 11 Reteach & Online Assessment
- Topic 11 Test on Wednesday
- Topic 12 Focus: Interpreting Line Plots!
- Figurative Language- SIMILE focus
- Figurative language picture slide show on Google Classroom- SIMILES only
- Grammar Focus- Verb Types- Present and Past Participle & Infinitives
- IXL FF.8
- Poetry Lesson 4-6 in Poetry Notebook
- Writing- Performance Task – Informative Essay
We will be focusing on the Civil War this quarter and we will be packing SO MUCH info into the next 9 weeks.
- Growing Apart Notes
- Underground Railroad Activity
Finishing the year strong is so so important for all 5th graders! We will be learning until the last day of the school year. We have 9 more weeks to continue growing and getting ready for middle school. Let’s make the best of these last 9 weeks together!