We had a super cool week of school; the Field Trip was a ton of fun!
Please read this important message from our Principal:
On Monday, March 4th, 2019, all forms will be available for you to re-enroll at Old Town Academy. This is only for returning students, and if you have a sibling that you would like to enroll, please submit a new application. The deadline to complete and submit re-enroll forms will be Friday, March 15th, 2019. Below are the instructions:
Please access the SchoolMint website with the URL link oldtownacademy.schoolmint.net . All registered OTA families should have an account with your chosen primary email address, so go ahead and login. If you have forgotten your user information, please follow the prompts for “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password”. From your “Student Dashboard” select “Re-Enroll” and Complete Forms.
We look forward to having your child/children for another great year at Old Town Academy! Should you have any questions or issues, please contact our office at (619) 574-6225
* This Thursday, we will design and construct leprechaun traps! Look for a letter with more details in your child’s take home folder.
* Thank you for your classroom supplies donations! I’ve added a few items to our Amazon Wishlist; you may contribute at anytime throughout the school year. As always, donations are completely optional.
* We will visit The Book Fair during school on Tuesday 3/19. I will place a brochure with books for sale in your child’s folder next week. You may purchase books before or after school as well!
Upcoming Save the Dates
* MARCH 14th: Leprechaun Trap Construction!
* MARCH 19th & 20th: Book Fair!
* MARCH 25th – MARCH 29th: No School (Spring Break)
* MARCH 27th: Happy Birthday Antonio!
Curriculum Conversation Starters
(Ask your child the following questions about what we have learned this week! This is optional!)
1. How do you think the dinosaurs became extinct?
2. Would you like to be a Paleontologist when you grow up? Why or why not?
3. In your opinion, which is the most fascinating dinosaur?
4. What was your favorite part of our field trip?
5. Use an open number line to solve the problem: 100 – 30 =
6. What did you accomplish in Music Class this week?
7. Who was the 31st President? (Herbert Hoover) How did his wife accomplish while she was The First Lady?
8. Where did the peach go when it fell off of the cliff?
Thank you for everything!
– Mrs. Blackwood