* The MAPs Reading and Math Test scores will be sent in the mail along with your child’s report card. If you have any questions about the results, I would love to discuss them with you! Here is a link, which may help you interpret the data: https://www.nwea.org/content/uploads/2015/08/2015-MAP-Normative-Data-NOV15.pdf
* Next Thursday 6/14, we will have a 1st Grade Awards Ceremony in our classroom from 1:30-2:00. You are welcome to attend! Each student will receive a special award.
* There will be no homework or spelling test the last week of school 🙂
Upcoming Save the Dates
* JUNE 14th: Awards Ceremony & Summer Birthday Celebration! 1:30-2:30…Happy Birthday Reya!
* JUNE 15th: The Last Day of School and Spirit Day! (Early Dismissal at 12:00)
Curriculum Conversation Starters
(Ask your child the following questions about what we have learned this week! This is optional!)
1. Who was the co-captain of Meriwether Lewis?
2. What is a synonym for “expedition”?
3. What do you hope to learn in math during second grade?
4. The core virtue of the month is Lives to Learn From. Who do you admire and why?
5. What was your favorite part of field day?
6. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Are you looking forward to the first grade ice cream sundae party?
7. What will you do over the summer to prepare for the second grade?
8. How do you think “The Twits” will end?
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
– Mrs. Blackwood