Your first grader had a super week at school! We learned many new vocabulary words, practiced IXL, and completed our fall MAPs Reading Tests! Please read about important reminders, upcoming dates, and other learning accomplishments below.
* The Jog-a-thon is just 1 week away! Thank you for rallying sponsors and collecting donations! I cannot wait to hear the results. Since 10/19 is a half day, we will complete our Spelling Test on Thursday afternoon. However, I will still collect Reading Logs and Spelling Homework on Friday.
* We will be collecting BOX TOPS for education. Please place box tops in a plastic bag, and place in the “right back to school” side of your child’s folder. This is optional.
* OCT 19th: Happy Birthday Mikayla!
* OCT. 19th: Jog-A-Thon! (HALF DAY)
* OCT. 31st: School-wide Halloween Parade and Fall Classroom Celebration (more details to come!)
* NOV. 1st: Last Day of the First Quarter (HALF DAY)
Curriculum Conversation Starters
(Ask your child the following questions about what we have learned this week! This is optional!)
1. What is the difference between a voluntary muscle and an involuntary muscle?
2. What is “saliva” and what does it do?
3. Name three adjectives to describe a puppy. Name three adjectives to describe an ice cream cone.
4. What is a “doubles” addition equation?
5. If 8 + 5 = 13, then 13 – 5 = ?…If 3 + 9 = 12, then 12 – 9 = ?
6. How did you show perseverance in school this week? How did you show perseverance at home this week?
7. Did your class fill the marble mug yet?!
8. Who found Willy Wonka’s first Golden Ticket?
Thank you! And, enjoy your weekend!
– Mrs. Blackwood