We had a fun school week of learning! Here are a few friendly reminders and dates to remember…
* During the next 2 weeks, students will continue to study Astronomy. On, 2/21 students will work in small groups to create an imaginary travel agency which specializes in trips to the Moon! I will show the class actual travel brochures for inspiration. Do you have any travel brochures you would like to donate to our classroom? Please send them to school next week!
* Students may bring Valentine’s Day cards for classmates on Wednesday, 2/14.
Upcoming Save the Dates
* FEB. 14th: Valentine’s Day Party 12:45-1:30
* FEB. 15th & 18th: NO SCHOOL (President’s Day)
* FEB. 19th: The 100th Day of School (More Details to Come!)
Curriculum Conversation Starters
(Ask your child the following questions about what we have learned this week! This is optional!)
1. Which planet is closest to the sun?
2. Define horizon.
3. Friday was the 95th day of First Grade! How many more school days until our 100th day celebration?!
4. Draw the “greater than” & “less than” symbols. Complete the sentences: 100 is greater than… 34 is less than…
5. What is a constellation?
6. What kind of animal does Laurel Birch draw? Are her cat drawings abstract or realistic?
7. Who was the 27th US President? (William Howard Taft) Why did he have a new bathtub installed in the White House?!
8. Why is the peach tree branch bending?!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
– Mrs. Blackwood