OTA Board of Directors 2017-2018
Equity and Excellence for All Students
OTA Board Members
2016-2017 School Year
- Mr. Kenneth Morris - President
- Mr. James Gartland - Vice President
- Mr. Ryan Callan - Treasurer
- Ms. Cathie Berlin - Secretary
- Mr. Jon Centofranchi - Principal
- Mr. Gabriel Solis - Teacher
- Ms. Sarah Ozeroff-Scott - Member
- TBD - Member
- Mr. Chris Cole - Member
- Will Tobias - Student Member
Instructions for Presentations to the Board by Members of the Community
Old Town Academy K-8 Charter School (“School”) welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance and hope that you will visit these meetings often. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
- Agendas are available to all community members: www.oldtownacademy.org
- “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.”
- “Oral communications” is set aside for members of the community to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws (Brown Act), the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern or you may be offered the option of returning with a citizen requested agenda item.
- With regard to items that are on the agenda, you may specify that agenda item on your request form and you will be given an opportunity to speak for up to (3) minutes when the Board discusses that item.
- Community members may request (“Community Member Agenda Request Form”) that a topic related to school business be placed on a future agenda. Once such an item is properly agendized and publicly noticed, the Board can respond, interact, and act upon the item.
CA Charter School Association Keynote Speech, Reed Hastings, CEO Netflix
- Important of keeping (winner take all) electoral politics out of non-profit governance.
Meetings to be held (typically) on the 3rd Wednesday of the month @ 6:00 PM.
*All meetings subject to change with notice in order to meet quorum*
Old Town Academy – August 9, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Sept 20, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Oct 18, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Nov 15, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Dec 13, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Jan 17, 2018: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Feb 21, 2018: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Mar 21, 2018: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Apr 18, 2018: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – May 16, 2017: 6:00 PM
Old Town Academy – Jun 13, 2018: 6:00 PM
======= OTA Complaint Policy =======
- OTA teachers are responsible for maintaining a classroom learning environment conducive to learning. As a matter of general policy, all complaints from parents should be addressed first to the classroom teachers. If a parent or guardian meets with the classroom teacher and a resolution is not reached, the parent may request a meeting with the Director.
- Parents who have met with the classroom teacher and the Director and still feel they cannot reach a resolution should contact a Board member (Contact avaiable under governance tab on OldTown Academy.org). The Board will, if necessary, appoint a committee to investigate and report back to the full board on it’s finding. Our Board works very hard to address every parent request.
- OTA Board meetings are also open to the public and parents are encouraged to attend and make their views known during the public comments period.
- Please note, when submitting complaints, please schedule a face to face meeting or deliver a written message—email is not the correct format (See OTA Email Policy).