- There will be no school on Monday 1/15. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
- Kindergarten’s Winter MAPs testing will be on Thursday 1/18 and Friday 1/19. Please make sure that your child arrives to school on time, well-rested, and well-fed.
- Quarter 2 Extended Learning is due by this Friday 1/19. There will be no deadline extensions this time. Please turn in all four projects together with your child’s name on each part. Click here for the project details.
- OTA Family Fun Night at Skate World is on Friday 1/19. For more information, click here.
- Our half-day field trip to The New Children’s Museum will be on Wednesday 1/24. More details are to come next week.
- Friday 1/26 is the end of Quarter 2. It is a minimum day with dismissal at 12pm. It is also Spirit Day: Throw-Back Day, where your child may dress up in apparel from another decade.
- This is just a reminder that we have sight words tests on Fridays. If your child does not know their two sight words by the end of the week from learning them in class, then additional at-home practice is needed in order to keep up with the class.
- If you have a preference, please let your child know how much of their lunch you would like them to eat and which items of their lunch to eat first. We do our best to judge if students have eaten enough when they are “full,” but we understand this is ultimately a parenting decision that differs from family to family. Also, snacks are not provided at school, so please pack a healthy snack for your child every day inside of a separate snack bag (to help your child distinguish snack versus lunch), labeled with your child’s name (to help your child know which snack is for them rather than them choosing the snack in the class that looks the yummiest). Lastly, water bottles should contain only water (no juice, soda, etc.), be labeled with your child’s name, and be sent to school every day.
- Other OTA staff members have the ability to post on other grades’ blogs. Questions about the ZenTotz blog post can be directed to Mrs. Blackwood, the first grade teacher.
Next Week in Academics:
- Language Arts – four- and five-sound words with consonant clusters, rhyming words, sight words: my, has
- Math – solving related addition and subtraction equations, reasoning about numbers and operations
- Science – taking care of the earth
- Social Studies – presidents and American symbols