Q2 is winding down! Thank you to everyone who is continuing to put in the effort and work hard as we approach the end of the quarter 🙂
- Friday 1/18: News update due & FREE DRESS
- Monday 1/21: NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday 1/23: Timeline Due
- Friday 1/25: News update due
- Tuesday 1/29: Test
- Friday 2/1: Time Capsule Due & Test Re-Takes (Last day of Q2, 12:00 dismissal) NO News update this week.
Every year the middle school families of OTA take an active part in community outreach by providing meals for the homeless kids at StandUp For Kids Center here in San Diego.We are committed to providing a home cooked meal for the kids once a month during the school year.At this time we need volunteer families to provide meals for the following dates: Feb. 28, Mar 28, Apr 25, and May 23.
I ask you to seriously consider volunteering your family to provide one of the meals. The meal you provide needs to feed approximately 20 kids. If your family can provide a meal for one of these dates, or you would like more information before making a decision, please email me at [email protected]
Thank you for helping your kids help other kids who desperately need our help.
- 11/30- Enlightenment Test
- 11/30- News update
6th graders were top money earners for the Jog-A-Thon and earned a pizza party this Wednesday!
Dance this Friday!
Sock Drive for Stand Up for Kids will begin this Friday as well.
This Quarter is all about the Enlightenment and French Revolution!
- Enlightenment Thinker Project due Friday, 11/16 (students research a philosopher/scientist and create a presentation)
- Newspaper update due 11/16
- This Day in History: 11/13- Sage, 11/14-Felix, 11/15-Jordan, 11/16-Lily
- Thanksgiving Break 11/19-11/23
Conferences will be held next week from November 7th-9th. Your child is encouraged to join the conferences. All middle school core teachers will be in the media center and you will rotate to each during the time you sign up for. Report cards and MAP scores will be handed out during the conference. If you are unable to attend, they will be mailed home. Please click HERE to sign up 🙂